We believe the Early Years are crucial to igniting excitement in exploration and discovery, which is the foundation for life-long learning. That is why we are passionate about play! Research has proven that when children show high involvement, their brain is at its most active, resulting in progress and development. High level involvement can be observed most often when children are able to pursue their own interests and develop their own ideas. We believe that when the adult joins the child within their play, they can have the most impact in developing learning. We do not follow topics or plan ahead, rather we respond in the moment and celebrate the here and now, allowing each child to flourish in their own unique way.
· We like to sing and sign our morning register.
· We teach a short daily phonic session, which supports the whole school use of Read Write Inc.
· A majority of the day the children take part in ‘Busy Time’. This is a time to play and learn!
· Throughout the day, the children have free-flow access to both the indoor and outdoor space.
· At lunch, the children enjoy a delicious hot meal or can bring their own pack-up.
· We enjoy active daily maths lesson
· Several times a day, we like to snuggle up and share a good book.